Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt? Yes Please

By JULIE - 5:49:00 PM

My husband and I bought Stoney Field organic yogurt because it was on sale.  We bought one of every flavor, except two of vanilla and chocolate.  We both agreed that the chocolate and vanilla was awesome.   "Why aren't there more chocolate yogurt," I thought.  I mean seriously?   So I started thinking about how I could make my own.   I think I've succeeded and surpassed the original.  And it takes only like 2 min to make (as long as you use the microwave).  It's great for breakfast, lunch, or as a healthy snack.  This could also be great as a parfait.  It looks like an ice cream Sunday.

Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt

1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
1 tsp of organic 1/2 and 1/2 (or milk or almond milk)
organic plain yougurt
organic strawberries hulled an halved fresh or frozen
chopped walnut
  1. place about 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips and 1 tsp of organic 1/2 and 1/2, (or sub milk, or almond milk) in a small microwave safe dish and heat on soften for 1 min in the microwave.  Take it out and stir until melted (if it's not put it in a little longer on soften). If the chocolate sauce is too thick just add more 1/2 and 1/2 and stir. 
  2. put strawberries hulled and sliced in halves (fresh or frozen) in the microwave on soften until just barely warm.
  3. Put the amount of plain organic yogurt you want in a bowl and place the organic strawberries on top, and then place the chocolate fudge sauce on top of the strawberries and yogurt trying to evenly distribute it.  Then top with chopped walnuts and eat.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts